Sunday, April 22, 2007

this is where it all started...



At Wente someone who will remain nameless said" act your age" and implied that I should be doing the Masters race. I gave it a bit of thought and if I was going to really act my mental age,,of where I stopped any type of mental development I'd be the only bald guy in line at the Jr roll-out.


However when I woke up at 2am and had to get some advil for my hip and back, well the age thing sank in.

Wente was more Brutal this year, it was fun just racing flat out for the day and I was in most of the key moves. Just ran out of a little gas on the final climb. Today I'll be Proman support and looking forward to not even riding my bike.

7 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Just tell them youngens
"when you can kick my ass, you can start giving me advise on racing".

BTW: I have really enjoyed chatting with you at the last few races.

Anonymous said...

Hutchy

I LOVE that you do P/1/2 races and well at that.

I wish I could do that with as much class.

Well done.

MS

Anonymous said...

Shannon and I enjoyed the vino. It tasted much better the second day after a little oxidation... Yes, a bottle generally lasts more than a day in our house.

I got little rash of my own - all is good though.

Thanks!
steve

jAndy donka-donk said...

We would have had a boring race if everyone acted their age.....

We would have lost over half the field to masters races, and two juniors would have only been able to race 3 laps...

veloandvino said...

Ron your a all around great guy!

Sass - er, big mistake not bringing you on spine like 3 years ago...my bad!

Andy-your always taking risks and one for the team, hope they give you kudos for those efforts. Madera???

jAndy donka-donk said...

You and I will have loads of fun at Madera. Hope DBC brings some playas too so we can get a good battle going.

The team knows how I do it, and my turn comes around. They aren't huge on the Madera payback, but I will have a few around to help.

Anonymous said...

Sass - er, big mistake not bringing you on spine like 3 years ago...my bad!

There is always another year in the old legs!!!!!!!!

We need a new set of threads in the group to light it up.

MS