Thursday, April 26, 2007

Madera....its gonna be a cooker.




Well I settled for Madera rather then doing Bisbee. Lots of reasons its closer, travel's gonna be big the next two months, the GF,etc but I do want to do Bisbee and Gila next year for sure! This marks half time for the season for me and I'm happy that I won't be going to the Central Valley anytime soon (No offense CVC) and I'm ready for a break. Been training since November and I can see the signs of overtraining are getting closer..recovery takes longer, harder to get motivated to get on the bike, not wanting to race, not sleepin well...

I must admit, I am looking forward to them TT-zzzz, one with a uphill and the flat one the next am. Air should be good for both, fast and I hope the messin around with my position last night helps..not hurts. I've never been able to do a good ride at the flat one so I hope to get the monkey off my back. I'll have a couple of Spines there to back me up too, or maybe I'll be doing the work all weekend. Either is fine with me, I just want to nail the flat TT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might have been out to the flatt TT a few times and if I had been I would say tempo to the first turn then rock on after that.

Thats IF I had been out to it that is.

MS

veloandvino said...

what about the Hill climb..ben hur?? tt bike or road bike?

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

for us geezers, the question will be - who can recover from the crit and handle the 95+ degree heat.

this is gonna be epic.
- - -

hutch, don't lose any time in that gawdamn crit.

get your boys on the right page, yo.
- - -

and i think you could do Hur on the TT bike. if you do it, stretch really well before hand and get your glutes/hams nice and loose. then, when you hit that climb, straighten that back with a big breath and exhalation and sit up for your climbing position.

27min39sec