Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Bike racers not prize fighters...

Masters racing is still heating up and this weekend was another bad example. A team mate getting a fat lip and bloody jersey at the start of the race while clipping in to his pedals. There may have been a little push and shove to start it by both, but come on...

Then to continue to make threats while the race was happening...it was like a bad dream.

Thats unacceptable,

I've also noticed that there has been some Teams getting greedy with the old greenbacks...funny really. I race for the efforts, and try to do it with my heart, legs, and have fun. I've been thinking of triathons recently..

Its getting tougher and tougher with all the negitave racing...btw thanks for the complements post race..."Our job was to follow you"

I thought...hmmmm was it fun for you? When I crossed the finish line you were still back there.

16 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Hey Hutch nice to see you in blogland. Cool!

See you at Copper.

Ron

Ron Castia said...

Oh yeah, regarding the fighting.
Has a certain individual that we both know been giving asshole lessons to other riders? What's up with that?

veloandvino said...

Ron,

See you at Copper! Thanks for reading and being a great guy, dad and agressive rider!

veloandvino said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hutch

I agree its about good efforts and having fun. Results are the icing on the cake.

MS

Anonymous said...

hmmm

let he who is without sin cast the first stone

or something like that

jAndy donka-donk said...

I hear that we are going to start holding masters crits in one of those chain link octagons.......

veloandvino said...

anon-i'm a sinner for sure, but...i don't remember the last time i hit someone in the face. a free bottle vino for you if i'm wrong.

JAndy- that would be a show i'd have to miss..guys with spandex, shaved legs, bald (speaking for myself) with funny tan lines slapping eachother...

Dr. Xeno said...

this is good stuff, make the next fight pay per view.

Anonymous said...

Hutch

I'll let ya smack me for some free wine :)

ms

veloandvino said...

sasser, you deserve a bottle for Wards Fairy...

Henri said...

sure glad he took a swing at norm and not me, cause if we bumped bars, it would of been out of respect that we hadn't decked it, happy to be a combatant unwilling to take the blame, ouch,.....

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm. sounds like assault to me. you know. someone should press charges . ha ha ...!

veloandvino said...

Our rider has Spine and class!

High road is admirable.

the other...well if you can't say anything goood......

I figure I won't have to see him for a bit since the races will be going uphill for a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Did you call me a fairy?

ms

veloandvino said...

kind of like the tooth fairy, put a spoke under your pillow and the you win a race.

after copper- I've got a few spokes for you.