Monday, April 9, 2007

Back to work..35 Pinots later



I was lucky to be invited to a Pinot Noir tasting today and I just couldn't say no. John Haeger literally wrote the book on Pinot Noir and was having some winemakers, vineyard owners, etc for a blowout tasting of 35 Pinots. It was very cool as they were mostly from Carneros (CA) & Willamette (OR).

I made lunch

Grilled Lamb over spring greens

Cannellini beans
cooked for over two hrs..in a heavy pot - saute three cloves of garlic, one yellow onion in olive oil until clearish and a small handfull of fresh thyme, add beans that you soaked overnight, cover beans with water and bring to a slow simmer for 1-2hrs while your reading emails..

Then when they are done add salt to taste! There are leftovers for Tracey:)

5 comments:

Ron Castia said...

How the hell do you stay so skinny with all that good food?

Lamb? Man that is right off the list. I'd be 150 lbs again.

I am going to go have my protein meal replacement now. Taste like chocolate flavored medicine.

veloandvino said...

I do grab a rice cake every now and then.

Velo Bella said...

I don't know a damn thing about wine, but I have been enjoying the PN out of Willamette. Much more complex and interesting than the CA stuff I've tried.

Baaaahhhh

veloandvino said...

Dammit Willamette...

Willakenzie is good pinot, I'll drop off a jug at Sea Otter for you & OV.

gotta go do some tt-ervals

Lothar Glerbny said...

So, what was the best of the tasting?

I've been sipping some Joseph Swan PN lately...yum!