Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ninagrit crit -Team Spine solo's for the Pro 12 win

Yippee! Mark McCormick, Jason Snow and a bunch of faces I didn't know started the crit today ...after attacking from the second corner of the first lap & going off the front for the entire Masters race and getting 5th of 5 from the break...phew.

I decided to be more patient in the pro race. I waited, and waited, and waited, patiently while the other riders flexed on the front for what seemed like an eternity. Quietly waiting to make my move, no more field sprints for me. So....

on the second lap I attacked:)

Went clear with two others. We almost lapped the field then one dude dropped off and the other guy was in trouble on the last couple of laps. We split all the primes and I took off on the last lapper roo. Mom, Dad, and my niece were all cheering...just like 18 years ago....

Other cool things-a guy come up to me and says "did you go to URI?" I said "yup." (for a couple of years before I quit school and cycling). He and I trained all the time when I started the URI cycling team. He was giving me time splits all day...that was cool.

There were about 10 other cool things like that that happened today. So glad I came back for a tune up before Nationals.

8 comments:

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yeah baby!

Chico Cyclist said...

Great job!!!

veloandvino said...

Muchas gracias.

Team TWENTY12 said...

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veloandvino said...

gracias,

winning from coast to coast..

Miller said...

Ninigret! Awesome!
I went to URI for two years.. the day I checked into the dorms my freshmen year I went down and did a ninigret crit.. crashed.. and met my new roomate for the first time as he walked in on me patching up road rash on my arse in our room..

good stuff.. hit up bess'eaton and have some coffee milk.

Il Bruce said...

Bess Eaton is gone. Bought by Tim Hortons.

I am going to the Twin Willows tonight after my ride...

il Bruce

veloandvino said...

twin willows..bass on tap and fries..yum..even used to stumble down the hill to my house.