Sunday, June 3, 2007

Crit today in Hood River..then Full Sail beer tent!

Looking forward to this crit today, its always been a favorite. But we'll see if I still feel that way after Navigators puts the hurt on Healthnet for the time bonus. This crit is like Santa Cruz, a bunch o turns and a uphill leg grinding finish. Then I get to have some beers with Justin England and Sean Whelan. Spine Teamates from the past, we did this race together 5 years ago. That was the year we shot Fuentes off the back on the last stage and Justin was my leadout man on the climbs. Now I just read about his ride on Velonews as I'm too far back to see him attack.

I'm already thinking about my next stage race in Boston...problem is I'm strugglin...Pro 12 or Master...I'm thinkin I'll give the Pro 12 a run at Fitchburg. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering there were two of you, who normally don't race together, in a sea of complete Div III teams, you and Kyle did an astounding job. (My legs are toast just reading about it.) Next year we'll field a real team and show them all.

Really sorry I won't be in any shape to go do the 35+ at Fitchburg -- I've been wanting to hit that with you and support you in the crit.

Again, awesome (in the classic sense of impressive and daunting) job, H-bomb.

ddt