Saturday, June 2, 2007

Epic stage!

Ok sometimes the word epic gets used to often when describing a road race stage. This is the only word I can come up with after finishing today's race. It was amazing, beautiful, challenging, and one of the most physically demanding stages I've ever raced. The descents went on for miles and were straight as an arrow. There were three main climbs with a 5-6% grade that hurt when the attacks started..they started early and often. This week was a big piece of humble pie and I'm in awe of the Pros who are actually racing for every stage. I've just been a passenger holding on as long as this bag skin and bones are able. Its been great training I think..

After the 87 miles I rode back to the car which was mostly downhill for another 15 miles. I was beaming from ear to ear with a bit of my own personal glory of finishing yet another stage in this life I'm living.

No comments: