Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back East-Memory land

Well it is good to be back home for a little bike racing. I started my day yesterday in Vermont sawing good bye to a friend, then thru MA, CT and finished off the trip in RI. It only took three hrs. Very different from the 4+ hr drives in CA to bike races never crossing any state lines.

Here I am on a Sat am at my parents house, drinking Pete's and getting ready for a couple of crits that are 10 minutes from their house later today. I went for a bike ride yesterday and found a dollar blowing around on the side of the road and my gut told me there was more..so I kept my eyes open. I saw a speed walker wearing a hat only Gilligan would wear heading my way. He bent over and I could see he had a fist full of buck's too. He offered them to me, I said finder's keepers..or something like that as I was riding by..sure was nice for him to offer....back east.

Next stop was to see another old friend, Jim. This guy made it possible for me to go the 88 Nationals, gave me some $$$ for the trip and really helped me get to Spokane. I told Jim I was racing today and tomorrow. He said win one for him. Shit, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was a flat crit...so what do I do???

Attack all day!

Things are different back here --people got thicker skin on the outside, but really big hearts. The weather sucks 70% of the time otherwise I'd have stayed. One more thing...every other house for sale ..for what a downpayment is in CA. I did meet two people that didn't have a computer too...cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

veloandvino said...

no gracias por camiseta, rodrigo.

but if you wanna buy some vino...then I'm you guy.