Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ready...5--4---3---2---1-------go Time!




So far so good.

The numbers have been picked up despite a minor heart attack for both Tracey and I. The people at reg need to spend a few days of on the job training with Velo promo. Tracey checked in and they told her that she couldn't race because it started in 15 minutes (this was two days earlier then it was listed) and when I was standing next to her getting my things sorted, they said that I wasn't registered for the TT and the cutoff was a week earlier. Minor details..anyway they had our names "pre-registered" wrong.
Yesterday was great, maybe a little too great! There were hundreds of TT-ers riding the course, back and forth, back and forth. I ended up probably doing a bit more then I should have, but it was really fun. The riders from all countries riding in pacelines, motor pacing, etc.
I did meet a friend of Mick's who had a really cool name. Case Beers. I swear, the guy's name is Case Beers (my spelling sucks) I'm sure this is not how you spell it but he is a wheel building legend. My grandfather would like to meet Case, the only way his name could be any better is if it was Free Beers

When we arrived for dinner the first night, we were sat communal like with two women and two girls ages 11 and 13. At first we thought it might be a bit uncomfortable if the didn't speak english..because Tracey and I don't speak much other then...

Locals women are TT-ing today Go Bev (GBR) and Gianna!!!!!


We've been really enjoying their company at dinner and saw Carolyn start and finish her TT today. I hope she did well.
I have a start at 3:16:30 today and hope to be celebrating with the AMD crew later tonight at dinner. There are 107 riders in the field and the weather is perfect here in St Johann

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice riding Mike and good to meet you! "Case´s" name is actually spelled "Cees", but I like "Case" better anyhow. I don´t know exactly why, but the guy just makes me think of Richard Depardieu (sp?).

--Jens

veloandvino said...

Good to meet you to, See you at Tam...maybe.

mjh