Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blessed

So there are times when I wander around every corner looking for something, maybe hoping to find something, then I see a mirror or a reflection or maybe it was a handicapped person at the post office and I think.. thank the lucky stars that for some reason, in some way, there is someone looking out for me along this short journey called life.

My friends and family are supporters, they have been along for the ride since the beginning. Its had its ups and downs, but in the end, I feel blessed- not in a religious way, I threw that out of the window when I had the chance a bucket of years ago.

I just feel that things always work out for me the way I want them to. I also have a way of making them come around to my way of thinking. Clearly its not that I'm the smartest, or have the highest IQ, its just that I use the skills that I have.

I realized that I had certain skills along time ago. That got me thru school starting with grade K.

I'm not one of those bullshit managers who says" maintain your strengths and strengthen your weaknesses" . Thats just crap! No wonder why middle management gets the ax, they're ass kissin sissys.

I'm of my own school of thought " screw your weaknesses, exploit your strengths to the fullest and you will reach your true potential"

...its like a hybrid bicycle. It sucks on the road and sucks on the dirt.

The key to life is......do what you like best, do your best, and happiness will follow.

9 comments:

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

dayum, that's pretty well put.

show off.

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i like that post...cool

Anonymous said...

nar·cis·sism /ˈnɑrsəˌsɪzɛm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nahr-suh-siz-em] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. Psychoanalysis. erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

Also, nar·cism /ˈnɑrsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nahr-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1815–25; < G Narzissismus. See narcissus, -ism]

—Related forms
nar·cis·sist, narcist, noun
nar·cis·sis·tic, nar·cis·tic, adjective


—Synonyms 1. self-centeredness, smugness, egocentrism.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

how true that is! why should we focus on the mediocre when we can truly achieve greatness if we focus on our strengths.

anon doesn't get it. oh well. he's probably a middle manager.

Unknown said...

agreed! anonymous has waaaaay too much time on his/her hands - isn't the true sign of weakness investing energy in bringing others down?

veloandvino said...

nar cis sism- yup thats ME:)

+ one very strong margarita

+ Blog

= random thoughts in my head and flow to the blog. After all it is MY blog so I can do what ever I want.

Thanks for reading and your comments. They make me smile.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Hutch. Somebody is probably just jealous of the TT spanking you gave them at 320 watts... Must be the bike.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

stupid specialized.


when i heard you went sub-39, i immediately hounded Metcalf ... what were the conditions like in the morning?

"same"


stupid metcalf.