Friday, August 10, 2007

BAWLK, BAWLK, BAWLK



I'm guilty of being a dunce. When Hernando asked me to do a little holding hands in the Madison I jumped in with the left brain and said yes. After mucho regrets I'm pulling the plug. The problem is I'm not really chicken shit, I'm not really afraid, nothing is ever going to happen to me..RIGHT? I'm just plain dim. You know sometimes when you have a good idea and the lights go bright...its happened to me once or twice maybe...but really, in my gut I still want to do the Madison or maybe just race with OV...I think its 40/60.

on this one I just can't or maybe don't want to hear all the I told you so's.

Regretfully,

Any way all is well on the wagon ...Day 4. The headache stopped & the sleepless first night stopped but each day I walk by the wine room in the garage and say.....rather drool.... of one more week....you can make it! This training is tough..last night I almost cracked, I do sell wine for a living and a glass or three every day is no big deal. I like saying never trust a skinny chef or a wine Importer that doesn't drink his own wine...but never, never trust a skinny wine importer that cooks:)

My three favorite food groups are Pete's coffee, beer and vino..oh yhea I forgot about any potato that's fried with salt, vinegar, or BBQ artificial flavoring..

I gotta stop.. its 8:20am and I haven't even had breakfast.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be afraid of holding Hernandez's pretty hand too. I might never go back.

Really though - you are using good sense given your objectives. Being a 10 on the sphincter scale that race scares me.

The blog god Mike can get another partner at the tap of a finger...

bawlk, bawlk,
steve

Velo Bella said...

there's plenty more chances for you and Michael to hold hands some other time

I stopped drinking wine during the week. I didnt know what to do with myself the first few nights...

veloandvino said...

VB-try just weekends there are only two days.

I loved that posta while back with the big wine glasses.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

it's true ... neither of us thought the whole World's thing through.

what a couple of kids in the candy store.


i'm still looking for that madison partner, Steve.



and i have no problem giving up wine ... as long as there's plenty of beer available.

and fried things.

Anonymous said...

Out of town, going SLOing Mikey-poo. One of these days though.....

steve

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

SLO-town ... waaaaah.

gawdamn i wish i could make it.


next year fo'sho.

jAndy donka-donk said...

In time boys.....

We were all scared shitless of it, but now it is easy to ride, hard to ride right.....

Just don't all show up for your first day at once and we shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Larry and I did a cool lil 3 person madison workout to teach Devon with yesterday. Deff a great start on a day with minimal track traffic.

Ron Castia said...

You lost me on giving up the red wine thing. It's healthy for you. Red wine contains antioxidants, quercetin(anti-inflamatory), resveratrol(anti-aging, anti-inflamatory, anti-cancer, antiviral, and neuroprotective).

Oh, maybe you gave it up cause it could be considered a performance enhancing supplement and you don't want to test positive at Worlds.
Si Senior!

veloandvino said...

ron, just trying something new, but the result at esparto shows that 1 beer + 2 glasses of vino and 6hrs sleep works.

Ron Castia said...

I always have my best rides after two glasses of Vino.

Unfortunately I can't have any for a few weeks.