Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mergers and Acquisitions on the horizon....

We are alive mom's. Things around here have been buzzing away with the house and it seems things are starting to turn the corner and head down progress lane. I've been dealing with noisy neighbors, shopping for floors, computers, team stuff, selling liquid vino oh yhea and an occasional bike ride with my new stealth TT rig that's AWSOME!

I went and did the local weekend slugfest this past weekend to have a little extra motivation to make me go hard. I stopped by my favorite little Canadian's house for a pancake and bar tape. As a result, we missed the start of the group ride, no problemo...we caught the group in no time. I was hoping that little fire plug would of followed me so I had some company when I went off the front and got all the sprinter points, after all I'm a sprinter since I won the Masters crit. Funny actually its the only Master's crit I've won in a couple of years.

I was soooo happy not do do the Minden thing this year and stay home.


Anyway, -NEWS FLASH---Bagboys getting recycled. Bummer!
That little furry Pasco made me green with envy of the brotherhood he put together over the years.
It was pretty impressive- he was able to find both talented riders before they knew they were talented and he did pick a few cherries too..

I guess Roger Bennet is the one that first came to mind, he had a funny ponytail but man...that guy on two wheels after a couple of months of the Stahl ride could hand out some ass whoopin...and is always a nice guy, complements always flowin all sappy.

And Taz, that guy just looks like he is trying to rip off the pedals of every bike he rides. Track, road, TT...just pure power...

cherries too..
Hernando & Polson. Ok, OK, Hernando has done a lot more then any of us on and off the bike. That's why both you and I are here right???? Plus the trackies are getting a lesson in how to ride a bike, rather then just waiting for the fast twitch fibers to kick in. I've said it before, crit racing has changed around these parts for the better due to Hernando in my opinion (which is usually crap, except in this case). The sprinters like Laberge, Clark (where has he gone?), Nolan...etc who would use their teams or just wait it out, now have to be on guard and if they want the glory hole
they can't just wait until the last corner on the last lap.

Polson, crap man - pre Safeway I really don't remember him winning races every weekend. Hernando must have put somthin in his chamois or was it that silly glitter??? I want that stuff sent to a lab!
The first year the conjoined twins were together, they went to town and kicked everyone's asses.

Blah, blah, blah...

I really like most of these guys in Black and the AMD squad too..

I'm really bummed that I won't be racing more of the Cal Cup to give them a proper send off due to the track & worlds thing. Ah well I guess all good things must come to an end...or is it a new beginning????

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments, Mike. Good luck at Worlds!
-Pasco

Anonymous said...

Communal Geezer Circle Jerk!
If we all write about each other,
we are cool! Not!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i am definitely NOT cool.

Hutch, on the other hand ... i'm pretty sure Webster's has his mug pasted next to the definition.


or maybe just, "smooth".

cuz, if you've ever seen this guy work a room ... man, it's like ~ sit back and watch the maestro.
-

but, i'm all for circle jerks. i think they do wonders to keep people's hands off the bad triggers and on the good triggers.
-

as for beginnings and ends? who knows. racing is racing is racing. but, being a decent human being?

that's rare and valued and honored.

veloandvino said...

ANON- you have bad breath and your fingers stink. I bet your a wheelsucka...

keep on sucking.

OV see you at the track tonight.

Taz said...

Rock them at World's Mike.

veloandvino said...

I'll try, see how es farto goes first.

PAB(a.k.a.CID) said...

Very nice post.

One thing is for sure, the Safeway team is a direct result of Robert's vision and hard work. All us bagboys are extremely grateful to him for the opportunity he gave us.

And I'll be rooting for you at worlds Mike!

jAndy donka-donk said...

most of us are more worried about where they are all going....

Nice to see you on Sat, its been a while. seeing that ride up close was a bonus.....

veloandvino said...

JA- track tonight???

jAndy donka-donk said...

wouldn't miss it for the world, Larry's thurs nights are my favorite on two wheels.....

see you tonight

dr-nitro said...

Ah, anon is just irritated that he was not invited to the circle jerk.

The bagboys have made the races races. Let's hope the the void will be filled next year one way or another.

X Bunny said...

i'll have some glitter waiting for you at the next race....