Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter in Santa Cruz

Man had a killer day in Santa Cruz riding some awesome trails with names like..blair witch, sick and twisted, etc.

I was in way over my head and realized where my skills were pretty quick when I biffed for the first (of several) times after watching BJM and Hooptie do some pretty sick stuff on mtn bikes. I mean really how do you do a wheelie coasting downhill????

This was my first day on real trails, at one point Jandy and I said at the same time "I'm getting dizzy..."

The chicks were blowing by me too..didn't matter if it was going up or down. One (Stella) and her Fella were both on single speed. I still don't get that one?? I needed every gear I had all day.

Came home in time for hitting a couple of bottles of Tecnu to rinse off the posion oak from all the rolling around I did on the ground, clean up a few scrapes and brusies. Then Easter dinner w/o Tracey with some friends.

We ate tons and well you know drank many bottles of beer and vino.

Almost a perfect day.

4 comments:

Ron Castia said...

That is what happens when the motor is bigger than the skills. LOL.

Single Speedin...you just gotta try it.

veloandvino said...

you said it. the biffing came at pretty low speed stuff when I couldn't un-clip.

I'll work on them skills.

KCM said...

jealous about your sick mtn bike ride! man, i rode the trainer for 20 mins yesterday and may try for 30 today! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.