Monday, April 7, 2008

Bailbonds, Beaches, and Belgian beer!


I wish that weekend didn't end.

First with the cruz to Martinez. This was the first time I've ever been to the very refinery town of Martinez. Them Shell bucks really know how to throw a bike race. Reg was quick, bands, spectators, free drinks, mayors, etc. It was really really a great race and if you ever need a bailbond (whatever that is) you can get them on just about every corner. The only thing that wasn't safe was a few of the races had lots of crashes. Not really sure why, things looked pretty safe to me except when Capt Mc Hook started drilling my ribbs with his head Robbie Mcewen style on a corner with 20 laps togo for no good reason. wtf?

I had a chance to corrupt some great San Jose Cycling Jrs Sunday am before Santa Cruz. We did a little TT work down on Santa TTTeresa. Hope it helps them with the district's in a couple of months. Man these kids got alot of support...SRM's, bikes for the track, road, etc. We should start to see more awesome Jrs. come out of here soon.

The Santa Cruz was fun as always, lots of hippes, famiilar faces, and overall pretty low key until the whistle blows..and the racin starts. Only one race for me, had a date with Tracey so we went off in search of a burger and a Belgian beer to celebrate Flanders.

We spotted this really cool restaurant downtown called 525 where they had brunch not that we were into the egg thing, looking more for the lunch program at 2:00. Holy crap...the beer list...it was well lets just say amazing! I love Belgium for lots of reasons and beer is one of them.
1) They make them in super size bottles
2) Higher in alcohol
3) Always tasty

And they had burgers...not just one..or two, but three. Yup thats right three burgers a plate of great fries and the best Belgian beer I ever had! Perfect day, then we came home and well you know....took a nap:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

possibly more of that partying next Sunday's Roubaix - eh? :-)

It's always a party with the Belgians...life is good.

runjoelrun said...

Fun racing with you too Hutch. Yesterday I really lucked out: I just happened to be trying to move up a couple of spots on the first climb at SC and you jumped out of the pack right in front of me and took me for a ride!

And it was the winning ride on top of it... That last lap was a little tough though, I thought I was going to throw up a lung at the finish. At least Larry didn't catch us...

Kevin said...

Three burgers and fries?!

Sounds like you had a WAY more enjoyable afternoon than me!

veloandvino said...

f-I think I'm going to miss the PR next week due to flyin to AZ:( I'm sure a beer or three will be involved.

PS I made Paella for 40 last week, you'd be proud.

Joel-no luck involved, when I started to roll I knew you were there for the ride and we would roll 100%. I like your style.

Kev- you should came w/ us..I had a feeling that one was going to be one double I wanted to miss..triple cheeseburger was very very yummy.

Hats off to Craig for his ride. Could be he had a lucky and cute charm to watch:)