Monday, March 17, 2008

Stoopid pills and the bathroom????



So Tracey says that bad things happen in threes. My car has taken a beating in the last week, first at Berkley Bowl when I was like a kid in a candy store buying produce. Some not so nice person hit my mirror and kept on walkin...when I pulled out of the parking lot...crunch, I ran the thing over.
Uhhhhggg, then there was the broken bottle of wine in the back seat a couple of weeks ago...
and to top it off on the way to the race on sunday I didn't lock the strap down on Tracey's bike it flew out of the rack and nailed the car...no damage to the bike phew, just the dent in the car..
Races-
TTTTTTTT's,
it sounded like a good idea to do two TT's at the time. Even after the first one the second one didn't feel so bad until about halfway thru. Bosch and I had a nice little conversation as we rode up the hill to the turn around.  Good to have some company out in Yolo's or where ever?
Bosch said we got there in 35 min...oh man it was going to be a long way back...
with about 5 k to go at the base of the climb, I started going backwards. Full bonkage in the last 5k...I reached for a gu...dropped it..(sorry Exeter residents-- I did pick up and throw away 5 gu wrappers later that day). I was toast! hummm- only 2 min slower= 55 watts less then the first ride.
Crit #1
Then the Bosch Squad had the A team to keep him in the 99 series jersey. Hey I thought these guys were going to focus on the big leagues... Nothing of note for the first 35 minutes, pretty quick pace until about three to go when Joel and Tim G (aka Biscuit) kept the pace up on the front for their man. He won, we finished 4th. That sure was pretty to watch from the bleachers. Who says nice guys don't finish first? These guys are classy and strong. Oh well can't win them all.
Oh, yhea Metcalf won this weekend up north, he is pretty nice too:)
Crit #2
fast safe fun. Just got out of the way with 5 to go..plus my franks and beans were pretty sore from 100+ laps around them bumpy roads in Visalia and the 80's of TT's.
Los Banos! That was a great way to end off a fun weekend of racing. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
boschinator said...

hey hutch

that was a great weekend of racing. you beat me in the TT on saturday, damn! and i think the conditions for the masters group was better than the pro/1's. so, i'll take it as a mintue + beating. i'm not giving up, i'll beat you yet.

-bb

Manley Man said...

I gotta say it that TT course was a blast. I'm definitely looking forward to next year and perhaps having an actual TT bike underneath me for the race.

veloandvino said...

BB-you beat us in the crit...and the hwy 99. Your bosch squad was rockin.

i agree with you about the conditions, based on my srm the numbers don't lie. I was 55 watts less for TT#2= <15%. I guess we will have a showdown at districts???? you 40 yet?

Tall-TT bikes DO matter. 1-2 min:) don't rush:)

dr-nitro said...

A TT bike for Todd would be like a giant sail.

runjoelrun said...

Had a great time playing the GC thing on Saturday. Good to see some other finishers out there like Reaney.

Saw Vince Gee lurking around too in a BMC? kit and an Astana bike.
Hope the last few laps of speed are part of what took him off his game cause I know he likes to poach the finish line.

Manley Man said...

Perhaps I could put spinnaker to use.

Ron Castia said...

55 watts? That's like 1/3rd my max.

We almost stopped at the spot, but headed down the road a bit for quick and tasty burritos.

The invite for the Mountain loop is still open. Looks like good weather.

Cheers,
-R