Saturday, March 8, 2008

Menlo madness..

Fun crit today in Menlo!!! After seeing a few pretty bad crashes I was sure that I wanted to be safe 100%!!! I was either going to be first across the line with two to go and help Roger...or I was going to pull out.

We had two in a pretty impressive break, it was coming back quick like with 3 to go. Judgement call 100% .... jump across when the break started shadow boxing or wait and see it get crazy like..

Well I figured I'd be more help up near Roger and Chris, Shawn gave me the green light-- I went to the front and tried to take some wind for the break so they stayed clear.

Things were going our way until the last turn, Roger got pinched off and had to slow down.

Thats bike racing!

Congrats Briggs to taking it from the last corner!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It only came down quickly when you dragged the field up to the break.

I am sure Roger appreciated you bringing 80 guys up with you,

Anonymous said...

Hand Raised! I call bullshit to your report. View from the back, You ruined the race for your team. Yeah right, Oliver was at the front trying to block. You were sitting mid pack planning your hero move. You f***ed up smart guy, Words out this your MO
Be a hero but don't f-over your team.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

thanks for coming out, Michael.

veloandvino said...

Lorri, It was a great race! You should be really proud.

Fun words from the not so anons.

Love the new blog software:)

dr-nitro said...

Looks like some anons are grilling some chicken. Ya did not pull the pack up, just this fool. However, you might have shown them what could be done. But seeing that the strong guys in the break, other than the pinched Roger, still crossed the line first, the pack catching the tail of the break between the last two corners is a mute point. Plus, seeing that the odds were stacked in the favor of the Copeland/Briggs duo, having the stars and stripes up there was not a bad idea. I mean come one, was little Phipps going to wind it up against Dirk C.

That said, drafting your skinny ass is like chasing a piece of paper. Gain some weight, will you. Go cannibal and eat more chicken, preferably fried.

runjoelrun said...

Lots of fun racing with you MS guys. Phipps was killing it!

There were naysayers that a break could stick (is a break considered caught if seven/eight out of the top ten were from the break?).

veloandvino said...

I duuno know. Frankly I never looked back.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Why aren't you on the Stahl reide??

steve