Sunday, November 4, 2007

Three little pigs, tarantulas, and a angel fish.




This week has been an animal adventure.

When we were riding yesterday we saw three little pigs that got clobbered by some driver on Uvas, I felt bad they were on the smaller side - mama pig and papa pig must have been a little quicker. I didn't stop to take a picture, earlier in the week I bought a angel fish and a fish tank for Tracey, she was under whelmed..oops, and now these tarantulas are crossing the road maybe if I wasn't so scared of snakes and spiders I'd bring one of them home.

Still wrapping up the house, who knew that a one inch difference with a sink could put this job site on hold for 6 weeks...anyhow, should be done in a couple of weeks, I mean really done. And this is a picture of a very expensive waterfall...

We also painted the Casa, gave it a fresh coat in one day.

All this work = I get to play on my bike for as much as I want in a couple of weeks, and Reany gets the month of Dec to screw off too. We will be doing some long distance rides for sure.


The first of the Los Gatos weekly rides was a sucess,we had a great ride yesterday PROMAN, San Jose, AMD, BPG, Strawberries, and of course a few national and world record holding Morgan Spinely's went for a great ride. No big throw downs, just chatting it was very very cool.

Then Tracey and I went on a romantic romp to Performance bike....I go about twice per year for cables, tubes, etc. Well.........
la de dahhh, we went looking for some bullhorns and found, much to my gleee on the closeout table some fancy new star spangled cinelli bar tape for sale...who knew...I was so excited and a bit embarrsed at the same time. I was pondering if it was "politically correct "...not so masculine?

Screw it! I'll buy them all. (only two) for $3.00 each what a deal, one for the TT rig and the other for the new SL2. It should match the newMS/TS Capt. America kit that I'll wear out until I give it another go at Masters Nationals in July in KY, get out a tube of lube.

Then I hear that there will be a chance that Masters Nationals may be here in San Jose....shit, HELLYES!!!!! To be able to race Nationals and stay in my own bed, I must be dreaming????

10 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Gotta love the Performance closeout table, treasures to be found for sure.
Got my first pair of Sidi road shoes from one of those tables $100.00

Fly that flag with pride, that tape will look great next the jersey.
The more politically incorrect that better.

WarrenG said...

I got some of that tape but the pretty colors wore down in a few hours. :-( There are some good socks available though.

Masters Track nat's will likely be August 26-31. You'll have to hustle back from Austria. I think this week we'll get an announcement from USAC about the location.

Kevin said...

Worlds dates in Austria:

--------

24. – 26. August – Radweltpokal
27. August Time Trial – Masters WM
28. - 31. August 2008 – Road Race

Regards
Monika Kramer
Sekretariat

-------

Let's hope that USAC cycling doesn't screw us... They have recently been made aware of these dates.

Velo Bella said...

Just one fish? Won't it be lonely?

veloandvino said...

Austria again..., thx...

Just one fish for one month, thats what the instructions say.

WarrenG said...

Dates conflict...
I saw a UK Olympic site that said masters worlds were ending on the 26th.

For nat's, earlier is the Olympics going from the 9th-24th. Later is a problem for people and kids going to school. Maybe nat's could start on the 25th with pursuits in the morning of day 1.


One fish is a low bio load so the bio filter can get up and running without ammonia spiking too high and killing the fish.

-WG (reef geek)

Manley Man said...

What was the loop you guys rode on the Los Gatos weekly ride this past week?

veloandvino said...

holy crap wg, your the man!

LG route was LG-Uvas, Madona, 152, watsonville, back thru the res to cafe sienna. some did eureka.

hope to see more of you soon.

WarrenG said...

At the moment, USAC is re-thinking the dates for masters track nat's because they should not be on the same dates as worlds. Sept 2-7 with pursuits mid-week or later? There's no perfect date for everyone.

Sasserman said...

I like the captain america tape............but then I'm not the best person to ask such things.

McSassy