Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Demo has started on the money pit...



Well this is my domestic/creative side, I'm on my third house in 5 years and really looking forward to the re-do on this one more then any of the others. I love the style of this place and its very modern in a 70's Eichler kind of way. When we walked thru this place a year ago, it was just reduced and getting close to the holidays which is my favorite time to buy a house due to the panicked sellers that time of year and we said this place could be very cool if you looked past the mirrors, tile floors, bad lighting fixtures, stained carpet, paneling on the walls, etc.

Clint said"you could just find another house". Nahhh, I like the the journey.

So after fixing just about everything last year-- pool motor, pool heater, pool filter, leaky roof, refrig, ac, garage door, building a wine cellar and more...we have started the demo project and I'm psyched!!! We had these groovy mirrors on this entire wall, under the mirrors we found some very Austin Powers or Soul Train wallpaper from the 70.zzz that made me dizzy. Not sure which was worse but they are sure fun to look for 2 minutes and glad they are going to the dump.


This place is getting all the new swanky kitchen appliances in stainless, italian cabinets, coffee bean counter tops, lighting, hardwood floors...etc. Looking forward to having a huge pool party once its done!!! or maybe Thanksgiving dinner???

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Hutchy thats bad ass!!!!

Love stuff like that, have fun.

MS

Lothar Glerbny said...

you have way too much energy for me...and obviously a lot better eye for the future.

I wouldn't have made it past the mirrors I don't think!

Ron Castia said...

Decorating and redoing the house is fun, or at least that is what my wife tells me.
We just painted our kitchen in Faux, very old world Tuscany like. It matches our hickory cabinets and black granite counter tops really nicely. It also hides some bad texture work by making in look intentional. Goes great with our new leather Tuscany breakfast nook that you can't buy in California.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

i can't even keep up with laundry.


you boys roll waaaayy bigger'n me.

jAndy donka-donk said...

I would have changes plans after taking down those mirrors....

Black lights and bean bags for that room......

Ron Castia said...

JDD, Would you sit naked in those bean bags eating Cheetos?

veloandvino said...

sasser-could use your help...

lothar-i got some mirrors for your ceiling

r-tuscany----love that place, but its getting $$$$ with the euro

ov- put them in sputnik then leave the windows open at the car wash...two birds---

ja-black lights and bean bags were here once..was looking for you on huddard last night on the valley ride.

jAndy donka-donk said...

Yeah work visits this week from around the world.....

That and I will have a story for you this weekend about why skinny cyclists shouldn't go go cart racing....

and naked with cheetos, hope I have a lady around me that likes processed cheese powder.....