Monday, June 2, 2008

The race of truth-Truth is SRM's don't lie.

The Dunlap TT course was so great I had to do it twice!

The first time Roman came by me in his fixed gear rig after about 10k. I thought that was pretty risky but the flatness and light winds proved this risk would pay off. Roman gets the win! Nice job, I guess you have to take risks to win.

Me on the other hand...legs felt good, I just had to keep telling myself that my SRM was not reading right 290 watts avg for the first tt-- my usual 370 seems like another lifetime... Booze, food and basically not doing crap on the bike for the past two months has finally caught up to me. Now I feel like I'm cramming for an exam and have to pull some all nighters. This is a bit different style of training for me as the thing that works best is long base miles for months with periodic weeks of endurance thru the season.

Phipps had a pretty killer ride too. He finally popped his 138 lb cherry on Tracey's old Cervelo w/o a disk and finished second to Innes. Since Innes has been riding on another planet lately I figure we either kill him or just say that 2nd place is the new first place when he is racing.

And Curi/Mattis....I did flinch when I saw her scar from the recent surgery. Didn't seem to slow her down any. She smoked it! And she is so nice. The sexyist chick bike of the day was Bev Harpers Orbea. Man that thing looked stealthy.

Dawn District champ who also couldn't be Nicer. Ripped a good one and won her race by over 45 seconds and would have nailed a top to in the Women P12 race.

Lastly--Metcalf pulled a negitave split doing the impossible. He went 30 some seconds faster in his second TT of the day. If he only did 3, you would have to wonder.
Oh well-I didn't stick around for the results as I knew I would be pretty far down but it should be a good tune up for Sattley.

7 comments:

phipps said...

I think your SRM is lying.

That old Cervelo is fast, thanks to you and Tracy for giving me such a great deal!

Innes never showed up for the awards, so it was almost like winning.

I was able to borrow a disc for next Sunday, whoo hoo!

runjoelrun said...

Starting behind Chris I didn't know what to expect. I need to practice this TT thing more.

I could pretty early on see that Chris was making time on me so I was with you guys: hoping he would at least win it!

Nice work Chris.

Don't think I'll be seeing you on Sunday, planning on sticking with industrial park crits another weekend which seem to suit me better.

veloandvino said...

phipps- good warm-up for this weekend.

joel-don't practice, your to fast as it is..

FstrBlly said...

Dude, I had to leave! I left all my antibiotics at home.
Tooth infections suck.
I want my carrot as soon as I can chew, btw. :>)

veloandvino said...

BI- I'm tho thorry about the toof. Didn't slow you down any.

I got a blender if you want to borrow it for the week:)

That carrot is still on the bike, looking like its seen better days.

Kevin said...

When your first ride sucks as much as mine did, there's nowhere to go but up...

Sure makes me a lot less freaked out about Sattley though.

veloandvino said...

Kev, you'll be fine at sattley, just do the p12 first!