Saturday, May 31, 2008

My prize for Hernando's track night

So last night was really really fun.

I wish I could have done more of these friday night Her-nanagins, at first I thought it would keep us(my tapeworm and I) away for the fridge and the wine room. But with JANDY and always smiling Sukie saving me a plate of ribs (thank you) and after my brief show at the missing out...I won the sprint straight to the keg, nothing like cold pork ribs and colder beer that makes me feelin like I'm happy to be home!
I think that was the first american beer I've had in 24 days. I made up for it with about 15, then had to show Andy why I ride Shimano pedals..the perfect bottle opener!

Legs felt better then I looked last night, not really wanting to go into the red to much as I had a few weeks of 2nd hand smoke to clear off the lungs and little riding. But there were a few times when we got rolling, I don't think I've gone that fast on the track with so many people. Hope I didn't piss anyone off. Sorry.

It did dawn on me when they were calling the cat 3-4 dudes to the line,,that uhhh I'm a cat 3 on the track. I sheepishly went to confess to Sabine that I was a Cat 3 and maybe I shouldn't be racing with the P12's. She comforted me by saying it was OK. Phew, I just keep learning.

Oh yhea.....the Prize!

I get to drive Sputnik for a week. Stay tuned for the tales and pictures of good Old Sputnik. I don't think I can help myself. I did think I'd give it a bath, maybe?

I'm gonna have some fun tomorrow at the TT, I'm Innes's 30 second man and I'll have something for him if he (which he should after he ripped Hood) catches me.

No comments: