Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Operation Mucho vino...


Well after my uneventful Cat's Hill this year, its true....I have an allergy to Cats!!!! I dunno why the past couple of times I've felt like someone put glue on my tires and no matter how hard people cheer on the hill.

Oh well, now I'm here with Tracey in one of my favorite hotels Santa Maria de Paular in Rascafria, Spain 1 hr outside of Madrid. Maybe I can get some gogo juice this month:) Just kidding.

Its amazing how fast I can fall into the life of living in Spain. We struggled last night to have dinner by 8:00, wanted to go to a restaurant in this tiny town, but most were closed and we started to fade pretty quick so we went to a bar instead and had a muy bueno tortilla (huge egg, cheese and potato omelette), patatas bravas (fried potatos with a spicy sauce) and a few beers.


Then slept in until 9, breakfast and out the door by 11 for a 3hr ride (mas o menos) Tracey is getting the hang of my ride time estimation being off by at least an hr. I rode thru familiar towns, waved to the a few of the local pros riding, rode by a few others and said Hola.

I did see more horses and cows today then people and rode jet laggy up and down 100km and 3000 meters up to a ski resort.

Gonna do it all over tomorrow.
Que bueno!

ps- Mom's and Dad we are great, sorry we didn't call this weekend.

1 comment:

runjoelrun said...

Dios mio, Miguel, estoy muy celoso que estes en Espana. Me encanta ese pais. Yo voy a estar en Pleasanton el sabado, mientras que tu estas disfrutando el sol de Espana!

Tome mucho vino para mi tambien.