Monday, June 23, 2008

ABC's of AVC's


First off don't think you can just show up after a week on the road in Denver, dealing with the UN-friendly skies, staying up late, not riding, & selling vino. But whatcha gonna do? Baby needs a new pair of shoes!!!
Then coming home, couple of world record holders with the last name being the same "Williams" already arrived at our house for the weekend and Tracey not back from Chicago yet made for being off the back before I even got to the track. 
We get to AVC and all I want to do is lay on the grass, get a massage at the massage bar and drink some Testarossa vino. After one pedal stroke I pretty much knew I was going to be off the back quick like. The pisser is when you line up at the rail, friends, hecklers, and cycling fans are only a whisper away. "Can't I just go crawl under a rock?" 

It was great to get all the congrats on the baby, I did do a couple of races scratch & missing out.
Well when D Holla said "counter" in the scratch, I had nothing. Then I had a whole lot of missing out in the missing out.

I hate seeing those crashes on the track. In my opinion that kid that went down in the Kerin never should have been allowed to race again that night. His helmet was crushed and the sound of the THWACK of his head on the track is one that I'd like to forget. We had a few unlucky ones in our scratch that stacked....phew, glad a missed that too, I did see sparks!!!

Kenny Mc Williams said that they have to have a EMT at every track event at his local track in Seattle. I know that costs $$$$ it sounded like a really good idea!

Saturday started and finished much better!!!! Get up, go for a ride, check out Testarossa for a quick tour, then big lunch, nap, and get to the track some 4 hrs early.  Once I found my bike after I miss placed it on the infield and borrowed some of Scottie ZZZZZ'zz gears ....duhhh I did the elite race. Legs were good so I was pretty much ready for the Masters points.

All I have to say was that one was fun! Best of all was I was feeling normal again. Eric from Los Gatos was flying, and well Larry Nolan... rocks.

He is in a league of his own, classy, cool calm and a great racer and long time ambassador of the track. He helped and encouraged me all weekend in between his trips back and forth to the podium.

Then we had a little after hours into the wee hours back at our house. The first 4 bottles of vino when down pretty quick and thanks to Hooptie we had some beers too.

Sunday was breakfast, some sunburn, and bed by 8:00.

Great weekend!

4 comments:

TreBone said...

Def good times!

Manley Man said...

Me and my son and a blast watching you and Nolan work off the front Saturday night.

Ron Castia said...

Congratulations on the baby.
That will be fun, I promise.

Wonder said...

MIKE AND TRACEY!!!!
HUGE CONGRATS! I'll give you three guesses as to what you think I would name her? Smile. Love you!!!