Monday, December 17, 2007

USA Cycling---Masters Road Nationals???


WTF?

Where are the Masters Nationals going to be for 2008??? Seems like they are splitting up the Old farts and the Jr's.

One more reason for me to focus on the Track this year.

I get to sleep in my own bed.

Don't have to travel to Shittsville USA for a week.

Years I remember
Somerset 2 years, I've had enough of that place.
Park City 2 years. OK courses, not tough and the fear of heights kept the field sizes down
Louisville, KY sucked.
Bakersville in August, who was the frickin rocket scientist that approved that one, sending masters in Aug to race in Death Valley. Charming....
Spokane, WA( Thats fine)

I've been doing this way to long.

8 comments:

Ron Castia said...

I liked Spokane, other than the fresh pea gravel on the road 2 days before the RR.

It made for a nice family vacation.

Bakersfield sucked!

veloandvino said...

I agree!

Brian Peterson said...

You Spineless Stanley guys have the chance to do well at masters track nats. With your pursuit, Dan "sniper" Smith in the points, and Don Langley in the sprints... Get Coats out there in his prep for cross too!

veloandvino said...

yhea, we're pretty pumped.

glad I'm not doing the 35-39, but the 40-44 is going to be a gut buster.

spoke to Kenny W today, hes out due to world cup stuff:(

WarrenG said...

I was told in October that the place back east that you said "sucked", is the place, in early July. But maybe there's issues-it hasn't been announced yet.

Brian Peterson said...

35-39 is gonna be brutal.

Bring it on.

WarrenG said...

Mike- It's funny you said you've been doing this too long... but once you get a jersey (or two) there's no way you want to stop!

How many teams from Hellyer will win in the team sprint and team pursuit? 2? 3? 4?

veloandvino said...

lets sweep um....