Friday, July 13, 2007

Stars .....breakfast...boats.

I gotta call from Cozza and Thorburn last night about the TT course. I hope I helped, that's some pressure since they both have won the TT in the past.

OK, getting back to reality. Day two at home in three weeks-mowing the lawn, working on bikes, doing laundry, working on bikes, washing the car, working on bikes, etc. Friends and family were great letting me crash at their house, but the Best Western in Somerset I picked in PA really sucked! I owe T-Ford big for putting up with it and not changing. Looking back, we should have moved, we even went to another nearby hotel for breakfast. That's right, we poached breakfast, just plain walked in sat down and started eating. We both did pass on the biscuits and gravy.

It reminded me of one other time when I was in need of a place to stay at a bike race in 1989. I was doing a race in ME and had no idea that there was a huge clam festival in this little town (I'm allergic to shellfish). This was pre internet, and I didn't has a room reservation. My girlfriend at the time and I went to every hotel and Inn we could find with no luck...everything was sold out! It was getting late.

What to do, oh to be young and fearless.

We went down to the dock and slept on a boat in the marina. At 6am we got up when we heard the seagulls making noise and left everything in order, the same way we found it. I wonder if they knew???


All N CA racers at Natz...bring back jerseys and wear them! I'm going to put mine on for the first time today.

No comments: