Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Do gooders

This is a bit over due. I'd like to post the following do gooders. This is stuff I hear about and it makes me say, that's a random good act of kindness for cycling in some way or another. This is such a narcissistic stupid sport, sometimes I just want to hear something good, I'm getting tired of Velo spews and Cycling Blues.

If you hear of one, tell me. I'll be happy to consider it, weekly winner gets a jug of vino.

Rules
Must be 21
Can't sing your own act of do goodin

This week is for Steve Reaney helping out a injured rider at the track. Sounds like he's helped out before and since he has been spending alot of time at the track I guess I bring a bottle for him to the NCNCA Masters next week. I'm sure he will be ripping Hell yr up.

One for Briggs too. After suffering a broken fibula at a early bird and getting back on his feet this season, he is on his way to kicking some ass here in the NCNCA. I heard he was hitting some high notes at Vacaville to some of the berries. Briggs's new career track is both a blessing and a curse. His has been doing a EMT training and I've seen him on several occasions be the first on a bike crash scene helping out injured riders while we all look at each other not quite sure what to do next.

Last week- our fav and fab Bella http://velobellababble.blogspot.com/ for her green thinking and catching a litter bug.

7 comments:

Secundus said...

Yeah, and Briggs rode over to provide some nice company when I was laid up in hospital. And the most I ever did for him was, I think, pointing our a curb when he was on crutches. Cheers, man.

veloandvino said...

Thanks, I hope I run out of vino soon.

gracias.

Anonymous said...

I like both those doooo gooders.

I should try and be more like that myself.

MS

veloandvino said...

ditto.

Anonymous said...

I did it for the wine!

Thanks Hutch!

You WILL rock it tomorrow.

I wear a medium jersey so if yo could bring that size home??

steve

Ron Castia said...

I am diggin all the good stuff coming from the Berries.
Supporting the sport big time on the sponsorship side, and riders lending a hand to other riders in need.

Role models absolute!

veloandvino said...

Thanks! 420 watts on the pusotron felt eazy today, am I dreaming??

I'l going to drill it.