Sunday, January 13, 2008

Proman track day was a blast!! Great job Hoop & Nic:)


Great turnout, it was fun to do a bit of racing and even though I didn't have a clue of what I was doing I gave it a college try. It reminded me of a story my parents told me of how I would run head first into the kitchen cabinets, then get up only to do it all over again. My parents stopped me from running into the cabinets, gave me a bike, and yesterday I think the cabinets would have felt better.

BJM, Roman, and Pelaez were ripping me a new one. I tried to slip away for a few points, only then I'd see Hernando (Capt flower power) coming around me with 100 meters to go at warp speed. This will be some good training this year! I hope to get it figured out soon.

At about lap 90 of the Hellyer 100, I started to get a little parched and the thought of cool water and cured meats were sounding pretty good, I had visions the BBQ dancing thru my head after seeing Nic & Kristina chomping away earlier.

Hernando and I arrived, they were gone. Bummer, oh well, next time I'll put an order in earlier!

Then off to a wine tasting for like 20 at Lothar's fancy crib. Feels like the racing season has started!

Hip hip horray!

9 comments:

Ron Castia said...

Not used to seeing you in those colors yet. I kept thinking "who the hell is that?" until I clicked on the photo for a bigger view.

Thanks for the Worlds flyers, I sifting now.

Ron Castia said...

I am sifting now.

Brian Peterson said...

Yeah, I kept getting confused yesterday with the new kit as well.

Oh yeah, I also kept getting dropped.

Glad Rob was able to get a generator to save the day. Snead was rocking yesterday!

veloandvino said...

I've got all kinds of colors..red, white and blue..gonna milk them like a new born.

Peterson, get some stars and bars for the track...gotta represent and enjoy the hard work!
I got a generator if Hoop needs one for the next gig.

Kelly and Lorraine said...

Where's my photo credit?

My lawyer will be contacting you!

veloandvino said...

Photo Credit-Kelly Silberberg
Sock credit-Joe

Team TWENTY12 said...

i think i know where the ribs went - delicious.......
thanks for hanging out and racing, new kit baffles me too

veloandvino said...

after 5 years wearing spine...sigh. The new kit took a day or two for me get used to too.
It feels really good.

More ribs please!

Brian Peterson said...

v&v - I couldn't justify buying a jersey that I could only wear for a handful of races a year (surprise, surprise, there are not that many 35+ points races or Madisons on the schedule!).

But I understand what you are saying about enjoying it. Really, it is taking me a while to appreciate what went down in T-Town this year. Like a fine wine, I suppose it will get better with age.

I see now that Voler no longer has the stars and stripes stuff for sale. Oh well, I'll have it on the cuffs/collar of the new kit in another month. That will be enough show for me.