Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Velo Classic tours



Well today feels like a Monday and after a sunny weekend of riding and playing around with the Tour of California, it just hit me that we have our very own Spring Classic's coming up starting with Snelling this weekend. Yahoo!!! I pray for driving rain and gale force winds so we can have a tough guys race. Racing and riding in Northern California makes you soft this time of year. Don't get me wrong, but after spending some time with some east coasters yesterday it always makes me realize how easy it is to ride around here all year. Someone asked me yesterday, how many months of the year can you ride around here...I was stumped...."12 I think I did touch the trainer once or twice last year. " I said.
I had a great day riding to watch the TOC with my friends Peter and Lisa who own and operate Velo Classic tours. Clint and I went on the "Spring Classics" two years ago and had such a great time. If you have ever been thinking of going to watch some of the Classics, stay in wonderful hotels, get treated like royalty, and oh yhea and ride your bike 3-5 hrs per day depending on your fitness/desire check them out.

Saltzman went on the trip to Italy with Velo Classic and had a blast riding up all the climbs that make the for epic stages in the Giro.


When we were riding up HWY 1 yesterday I had a smile on my face when I saw the familar site of Lisa's idea of a feed zone. We offered some to Jackson, but he was busy eating up all the KOM and sprinter's points. Great ride Jackson!

4 comments:

phipps said...

Whoa, wait a minute! What's this nonsense about racing at Snelling in the rain? You're kidding right? If it's raining don't we just sit around drink some wine and wait for the rain to stop?

Emily said...

Velo Classic rocks! Peter and Lisa definitely have the bike tour thing down.

Amazing hotels and restaurants, well planned rides, fantastic ride support that includes gourmet hillside lunches. It does not get much better than that.

I went on their Tuscany trip two years ago and will definitely be signing up for another trip in the near future.

Secundus said...

Wow -- that is a feed zone! (Yeah, of course, that's what I zero in on.)

Wait, is that a bottle of olive oil tucked in there? That doesn't seem like the best on-the-bike snack to me, but I've barely been to Italy.

veloandvino said...

phipps- way better pic then the bird.

m-heard dinner was FUN! tuscany---

ddt- ill have to get you a bottle of oo for yer b-day on the 24th?