Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whoo ville. look who just moved in.


Holy crap, I was pretty pessimistic about getting an owl to move in to the house I bought Tracey last year.
I went to the tree today, thought I'd take a look and see if I could pretty it up with hopes of attracting an owl. I read the manual on installation last year, it didn't say anything about getting your girlfriend on the chainsaw, but oh well sometimes you just have to get creative.

I opened the box and saw these big amber eyes looking at me..I almost fell off the frickin ladder.

What to do next??? get a camera, take a picture and never bug the little owl again.

4 comments:

Brian Peterson said...

An owl has to be a good neighbor, eh? Help to keep the rodent population under control. How cool.

Anonymous said...

that is so cool!

veloandvino said...

Very very cool I agree. Someone pointed out its a Western Screech owl.
Gracias,

morethangray said...

you mentioned a book on attracting owls...which book is it? (it seems to have worked!)