Monday, October 20, 2008

East meets West- MSTS Bikes for Kids event.


This weekend we were riding, eating and drinking like there was no recession, no war, gas prices were $1.65/gal, Dow was 10,000 and Clinton was the president. ahhh the good old days!

 Shawn Oliver pulled off another great charity event for Bikes for Kids. We started off making it to the ride not so fashionablly late. Good group of friends that I haven't seen for tons of moons. The ride had its share of drama as all group rides, flats, bumps and bruises, etc.  All is well.

The dinner on the other hand, what a party! I started going to Bikes for Kids event 4 years ago, then I was there on a cold wet December day and helped give the little kids the bikes. Seeing them light up when they get to pick a bike was pretty cool.

Phipps our Masters 35 climbing superstar collected all the wining$$'s & t-shirts we picked up for the year and donated it for the kids.  Then the auction started when the wine and lobster boil started to kick in. This year I did have a little hangover, but didn't have.."ohh I shouldn't have bought that" hangover. Good thing I had a breathalizer on the bidding paddle.

My guess is the Bikes for Kids-Morgan Stanley event has raised over 500 bikes over the years. 

No comments: