Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor day Taper. "laughing, crying, and going out on a limb"

So Tracey and I had a great weekend. She has been bucking up with coming to the track commute the past few weeks shouting out splits, writing them down, etc. Its been great having her support the track thing...an ex-con said to me 20 years ago.."the same thing that makes you laugh makes you cry" well Tracey is the one who really got me to the track in the first place, so its kind of her fault.
Last year when I went to the track the first time I felt like a foreiger, different language, different people, having no clue what was going on. I still do loose my bike every now and again, but I think I'm getting it figured out. I'm looking forward to the points race on Wed for some good warm-up for friday. Just hope its not as stoopid as the entire master districts were for me. I hope I've my head out of my ass this week and some good bike Karma too.
40-44 Masters
Wed PM Points racing (around 6:00 I figure)
Friday am 3 K pursuit ( around 12:00 estimate) this is where the fruit is...
Sunday TTT 11:00?

4 comments:

beth bikes! said...

haha, 12:00 estimate. when i first read that, i thought you meant TT estimate, and thought: geez, hutch is laaaazy!

jAndy donka-donk said...

We will be out to spit insults and encouragement (insults from me and encouragement from her) on weds.

runjoelrun said...

Hey Hutch,
Are they going to do heats tomorrow during the day or not? Or can you just show up at 6?

veloandvino said...

see you all there.

beth, see you on the podium.

Junk-would expect nothing else.

joel- heats start at 4am, gotta do 100 laps solo by 7am, then 1000 sprints by 10 am. skip lunch, no wait get an In and Out burger delux and a shake, then grab a burrito.

As long as you get there by 5:00 you should be fine to p/u your number and reg. No heats that I'm aware of.