Thursday, September 4, 2008

I had a dream, I won the points race!

Then I woke up, went to the garage at 5am to look at the sweet Hooptie grid of all the riders and sprints.

Yup, still third. Its amazing what 42 gels with caffeine loaded gels and cola cliff blocks will do to your sleeping pattern.

It was a great race, no real BS, just good fast racing. It was great to have some help from the MS/TS crew on the track, but I gotta give it to everyone who shouted encouragement last night. It really helped keep me in the game.

Highlights-
Seeing my first ever cycling coach for the first time in 18 years! No shit, he races the 45-49 points race. His name is Bill Pedlar, really with a name like that I guess you gotta ride a bike.

Support from Tracey/ Proman, friends and family.

Podium chick.

Seeing Bostick roll a 56x14. I'm still trying to figure out how many inches that is.

Metcalf's winning ride.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nince job last night!!!

Team TWENTY12 said...

You were so fun too watch, I have a sore throat from yelling! Still lots of fruit to pick yet :)

veloandvino said...

Thank you Ironclm & PG.

KCM said...

congrats on your podium finish. oh, btw... i looked up what a 56x14 is...

108!!!

runjoelrun said...

So bummed out that life got in a way of me attending. Would have liked to watch you get third from a fourth place position

veloandvino said...

joel, you would have liked this one, sorry you missed it!

Wonder said...

Mike! I had the same dream...that you won! Or maybe it was Tracey. Anyway, great to hear you two are doing so well!!