Friday, July 18, 2008

Windy city to PDX

So a quick trip to Chicago for some tastings. 300 bottles of vino on the wall, lips were blue, teeth purple and brain was empty after our annual distributor tasting.

Then here in PDX with some first class accommodations with friends, great food, wireless, TDF on TiVo. Life is good. Just wish Tracey could make the trip. She is home suffering with the back and the little girl has been doing some serious kicking. I think that's pretty cool. 

If anyone could drop her off a veggie pizza that would be cool. Call me and I'll give you the details...thx

A friend of mine just had a baby boy this week, the little guy got his nob trimmed today. Glad we don't have to worry about that with our girl.

I got a couple of  hrs of sleep on the plane yesterday, drooling on people I don't know is always kind of weird, but what ya going to do??? I was happy to get some needed rest.

Thanks to Kelly B for bringing my bike and gear here, Hooptie and Shelly are doing 90 in my rig and it should be here tonight. Its a really cool track scene and being from out of town we all kind of gel and bond a bit.

I made it to the track for a warm-up ride, got a little scared with the steepness...hoping I didn't make a fool out of myself and slide down the wall. I jumped into the Thursday night elite race. It was a good leg opener and had a chance to blow off some carbon and vino. Ended up being a little out gunned and out numbered. First looser in the points race, but it was good practice for the weekend.

Today I did the 3k 40+ race. Me and Tom Fahey were neck and neck. I just squeaked by in the last lap by a nose. He is really going to keep me on my game for nationals. Mark was giving me lots of inspiration and time splits. It totally made a difference.
The 4k was pretty OK. I did a 5:17 for 5th, I was hoping for a low 5:00, but oh well.

Then a quick few sales of vino and back to the track for some points stuff.

The NorCal squad is looking tough...Mark Alt, CC, Peterson, Gio, Hooptie, Kelly B, Shelly, Jon Simmons, and of course Pete Bohl and a bunch of others..


1 comment:

Manley Man said...

Good luck this weekend. I grew up in PDX (actually, in a little town to the east of Portland called Boring).