Saturday, July 12, 2008

Snowballs chance & Coyote creek


Home late Thursday night, early to rise..not ride:( on Friday
So after a full day in the office which means driving back and forth to Napa, violating the recent hands free laws (due to not being able to find my blue tooth), making promises I hope I can keep etc. I finally made it to the track for some racing.

The Velobella party was first class. Don't know why anyone wouldn't come to the track for these races, cool people, killer beer, and well lets say some of the best damn  cured meats and sausages and I'm an authority here. Thanks to Mary for cooking up a ton grub for the racers after we were finished.

The races were fun. I did the snowball first time. Gio was leading out Hooptie for a sprint and I got a free ride. When I was of the front for the last few laps..I kept thinking..snowball..

snowballs chance in Hellyer!

Anyway after seeing some friends get injured (our best wishes for a speedy recovery) , I kind of started thinking...which means sprints back and forth to the keg sounded better then racing the last couple of races.

Then the Coyote creek local race was fun sat afternoon, slept in and drove to the race. Coats and a few others went up the road early, good thing. My legs and lungs were not working at full capacity. Maybe its just I'm getting older and wiser..? The air really did suck today, lungs still ache.

Then Tracey and I went to a little bit of Vietnam here in San Jose. We found a really cool Vietnamese restaurant off Tully road called Anhhong

 Check it out !

This week a bit of wine will be tasted in the windy city, then off to the races. Looking forward to some good racing at Alpenrose for the weekend.










No comments: